Candidates who have completed the Common Final Examination (CFE) should review the following information in relation to completion of practical experience requirements and membership application process:
- In addition to successfully completing the PEP modules and the CFE, candidates need to complete a 30-month term of practical experience, including development of required competencies, to be eligible for membership.
- Candidates who elected to complete the CA legacy experience requirements need to complete a Confirmation of Practical Experience Certificate. The completed form should be submitted directly to CPA Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates who elected to complete the CGA legacy experience requirements need to complete their PERC. The deadline to satisfy the PERC was September 1, 2018. If you have received confirmation of certification level for your PERC within the last 3 years, no additional experience reporting or documentation is required at this time.
- Candidates who are completing the CPA practical experience requirements need to submit their 30-month experience report in PERT as well as have a mentor review completed. Once completed, CPA Manitoba will be notified and assess the report within 4-6 weeks. The earlier you submit the report, the earlier you will receive a response as to whether changes might be required or we have accepted the report as submitted.
- Candidates who report CPA practical experience through the profession's online Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT), are employed with a public accounting firm and need to report chargeable hours for the purpose of meeting requirements of their pre-approved position may access the CPA Public Accounting Chargeable Hours Submission Form.
Any questions on practical experience should be addressed to email@example.com.
Candidates who successfully complete the CFE will be invited to Convocation to be held February 9, 2019. Only those candidates who have submitted their practical experience reports in sufficient time to have them reviewed by CPA Manitoba and have demonstrated they meet the practical experience requirements will have their CPA certificate presented to them at Convocation. For this reason, we cannot guarantee certificates will be presented at Convocation to those candidates that submit practical experience documentation (request a profession assessment for those reporting in PERT, submit completed PERC, etc.) after October 31, 2018. Candidates who submit reports after this date will still be eligible to attend convocation if they are successful on the CFE but would receive their CPA certificate at a later date.
Application for Membership
Once candidates have successfully completed all 3 days of the CFE and the practical experience requirements including submission of the appropriate documentation as noted in the above practical experience requirement paths, CPA Manitoba will provide a membership application to the candidate.
Any questions on membership should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.