Member Use of the CPA Designation: Regulatory Alert

  Stock photo of business people working on tabletUse of the CPA designation is provincially regulated. Generally, you cannot represent yourself as a CPA in another jurisdiction unless you are a member of that local CPA provincial body.

A Manitoba member who wishes to use their designation in another province or territory, in which they are also a member, should consult with the local CPA body in the other province or territory on the rules regulating the use of the designation in that jurisdiction.

If you work in another province, we encourage you to check with the CPA provincial body in the province/territory you are working in to ensure you are meeting all the regulatory requirements to use your designation in that jurisdiction. A list of CPA provincial bodies is available online.

Additional information on the use of the CPA designation in Manitoba can be found on our website.