Member Recognition Program FAQs
CPA Manitoba has created frequently asked questions to assist in the nomination process.
While this was a recommendation in the past, CPA Manitoba is now encouraging nominators to take whatever steps they feel are necessary to create the most robust package possible. This can include speaking with the nominee directly, however, we encourage you to note that all nominations are subject to review and selection by the Member Recognition Program Committee and the CPA Manitoba Board of Directors.
If you have more information to share than will fit in the form boxes, please feel free to attach an additional Word or PDF document.
Some key tips include:
- Ensure that all form requirements are completed
- Ensure length of service and employment is included
- Identify how the nominee's contributions have made an impact and set them apart
- Provide brief descriptions or background information for employers, community or charitable organizations that are not widely known
- Enclose letters of support to showcase additional endorsement of the nominee
Members who reside outside the province of Manitoba (affiliates) may be considered for the following reasons:
- Contributions relevant to the Manitoba CPA profession or community, and/or
- Exceptional service to the Canadian or international CPA profession
Nominators for the Distinguished Service Award can be members who are in good standing, or non-members who have firsthand knowledge of a nominee's contributions and impact.
The following are not eligible to receive a Fellow CPA (FCPA) or any of the awards:
- Members not in good standing
- CPA Manitoba Member Recognition Program Committee members during their term
- CPA Manitoba Board Members during their term
For assistance in obtaining information about your nominee's involvement with the profession, please contact Nicole Rutherford.
They would not be eligible to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award, Early Achievement Award or Fellow CPA twice.