The overall objective of CPA Manitoba's Advisory Services is to encourage and assist CPA Manitoba members, on a voluntary and confidential basis, to maintain quality professional standards. This service is available to help all members, regardless of the activity they are involved in (industry, public practice, volunteer or retirement). Students and candidates may also contact CPA Manitoba regarding ethical matters.
The scope of matters that advisors can assist you with covers:
- The CPA Code of Professional Conduct;
- The CPA Manitoba Act, bylaws and policies;
- CPA Canada Handbook (Accounting and Assurance); and
- Various practice management issues or related concerns (for members currently providing public accounting or other regulated services or contemplating providing services to the public).
In summary, CPA Manitoba's Advisory Services consists of:
- Free, short-duration, confidential telephone consultations, to provide members with a source of objective and thoughtful feedback/guidance on matters encountered at work or in practice.
- Discussions that may include accounting, assurance and reporting issues, practice management problems or other related concerns.
- Advisors helping practitioners identify issues and potential solutions. Feedback/guidance is general in nature as the advisor may not have all the necessary information.
CPA Manitoba Advisors will strive to respond within the timeline requested. It is important to ensure that sufficient detail is provided to allow the advisor adequate information to evaluate the situation. Please note that additional time may be required for significantly complex matters and during periods of high volume.
If you would like a formal opinion about an accounting or assurance matter, you should engage a CPA Manitoba member (for example, your firm’s quality control monitor) or another CPA Manitoba public accounting services or other regulated services firm. Go to Find a CPA to access the CPA Firm directory.
Please note the assistance provided is not an opinion and is not binding on CPA Manitoba.
By accessing this service, you accept responsibility for conducting your own due diligence and making your own decisions after exercising professional judgment, and you agree to release and indemnify CPA Manitoba and advisors for any claim to damages that could result based on your discussion.
CPA Manitoba Advisory Services is not permitted to comment on any legal matters.
To access this service, please login to agree to the terms and conditions described above.