Member CPD Reporting
Effective January 1, 2015, the Continuing Professional Development requirements for all members in Manitoba have been harmonized and closely aligned with the nationally recommended requirements of CPA Canada and the internationally accepted best practices
CPD Reporting Deadline: April 1st
The deadline for reporting CPD hours achieved between January 1 to December 31 is April 1st of the following year. Failure to report CPD hours by April 15th will result in a $105 late fee.
For your convenience, CPD learning activities are to be reported online before the reporting deadline of April 1st each year by completing the following steps.
- Log in to the CPA Manitoba member portal using your primary email address on file. Your username is your preferred email address in our records. Please click "Forgot Password?"
- On the landing page, scroll down to the CPD Reporting Summary box and click on “Report Hours”.
- You will now see the CPD Reporting page with CPD Hours Summary and Remaining Hours requirements.
- Click on the “Report Hours” button under “Remaining Hours” summary box.
- CPD Reporting Form will open for you to complete.
- The required information will need to be provided:
- Start and End date of the activity
- Type of hours (verifiable, unverifiable)
- Total number of hours
- Number of verifiable ethics included in total above
- Source (drop down values available)
- CPD learning activity name
- CPD activity type (drop down values available)
- Additional hours can be entered as necessary. You will be required to complete the form for each learning activity completed.
- You may log out by clicking on the “Sign out” button on the top right corner of the page.
All members should review and understand the CPD Reporting Requirements Policy document. Review the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) page on our website.
Exempt from CPD Requirements
Members who believe they meet the criteria for an exemption from full CPD requirements or wish to apply for an exemption due to medical leave, maternity/parental leave or special circumstances may apply for an exemption in the calendar year in which a member is eligible for the exemption or by the April 1st reporting deadline of the following calendar year.
For your convenience, the CPD exemption form can be completed annually as part of the membership renewal process through the CPA Manitoba member portal.
A series of frequently asked questions and answers is available to members to address common questions about CPA
Manitoba’s CPD requirements.