New Job Posting - Professional Learning & Development Program Officer
We’re recruiting for a Professional Learning and Development Program Officer. The PLD Program Officer will work closely with the national Professional Learning and Development Program Committee (PLDC) and will support logistics and processes.
Position: Professional Learning and Development Program Officer
Company: The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba
Type: 1 Full Time Remote or Hybrid Position (Dependent on Geographic Location)
Location: 1675 –1 Lombard Place, Winnipeg
Imagine a position where YOU can bring your superior organizational skills to coordinate and support a national committee and YOU play a key role in ensuring committee processes and logistics are streamlined and efficient. Add a tight knit, collaborative team, a challenging variety of work, and an excellent work-life balance, and you have imagined a position at The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba.
The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba
The number ONE responsibility for The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba is to protect the public by ensuring that all Chartered Professional Accountants operating in the province are ethical, competent, and accountable. The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba (CPA Manitoba) is a professional regulatory body that represents more than 9,000 CPA members, candidates, and students.
Our organization values teamwork, equity and respect, information sharing, continuous feedback, supportive workstyle, and open communication. If you want to work in a culture where your opinion is respected, and where you will have access to stellar learning opportunities, this position is for you. Our employees are top notch. We live and are guided by our values on a daily basis. Our workspace and workdays are flexible because we believe in helping our employees maintain a work-life balance.
You will succeed here if you are:
Excellent Communicator – you will be collaborating with not only our internal team but with committee members and your colleagues across Canada. Your written and verbal communication style must be professional and positive.
Analytical – you must be able to identify, review, and establish efficiencies and spot errors or missing information.
Organized – you are self-motivated and manage your time well and can organize and reorganize your day to meet often conflicting priorities and deadlines.
The Professional Learning and Development Program Officer works closely with the national Professional Learning and Development Program Committee (PLDPC) and is responsible for supporting the logistics and processes of the program and the committee. The role of the PLDPC is to support the continuing education and professional development (PD) of Canadian CPAs. The committee is composed of PD representatives from each provincial CPA body.
The position package includes:
- Excellent salary remuneration depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits 100% Employer Paid
- Company RRSP Contributions
- Flex Days
- Remote/Hybrid Work Environment
- Professional Development Fund
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
Key Responsibilities Include:
Manage Curriculum Review and Production Cycles
- Prepare and oversee the annual course listing, budget and production spreadsheets and reporting
- Record and action curriculum review and production decisions
- Prepare and oversee the committee settlement process including the settlement spreadsheet and invoicing
Content Advisor Support
- Supply Content Advisors with course material by competency
- Create evaluation summaries; prepare and finalize reports
- Create templates including reports, emails and spreadsheets
Course Development Cycle Coordination and Support
- Update and prepare proposal process templates
- Provide oversight of proposal process deadlines, proposal receipt and proposal posting by the authoring provinces
- Oversee deadlines and document delivery
- Coordinate and follow up on technical, consistency and any other reviews required by PLDPC
- Manage online product production
Course Material Management
- Monitor and review submitted course descriptions to ensure completeness
- Review incoming course materials for completeness of components
Committee Administration and Support
- Manage national in-person and virtual meetings including preparation of meeting data packages, scheduling of virtual meetings, and securing logistics related to in-person meetings
- Prepare agendas and minutes for monthly meetings
- Manage Committee communication: reminders, shared calendar, contact lists, deadlines
- Participate on national working groups and committees, as requested by the national group
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Relevant Post-Secondary Education or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and experience with virtual meeting software
- Power BI experience considered an asset
- Data analysis experience considered an asset
- Experience in training or event planning considered an asset
- Ability to travel in Canada, as needed
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to assess and manage multiple priorities
- Numerical accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability skills to respond to frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little supervision
- Ability to identify and prioritize multi stakeholder needs
- Interest and belief in the value of team players who collectively contribute to success
- Patient, diplomatic and flexible; a strong team player
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and innovative
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
CPA Manitoba is committed to working toward fostering an environment that is accessible, diverse, equitable, and inclusive for our members, our employees, and our communities. We encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. Examples of underrepresented groups include people with disabilities (both visible and invisible), Indigenous peoples, people of colour, women, non-binary individuals, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, to name a few.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CPA Manitoba. Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. CPA Manitoba is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment, and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to by email by April 5th, 2023.