Expand your potential
Designed by the Canadian CPA profession in consultation
The Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) is a next-generation technical accounting and finance program for both new and experienced individuals in the accounting industry.
The program is the right choice for individuals aspiring to elevate their accounting and finance skills to an intermediate level.
This certificate is right for you if:
- You are seeking a more challenging and rewarding role that allows you to be involved in more complex accounting and finance tasks.
- You want to possess the advanced technical skills demanded by employers in Canada
- You are an internationally-trained professional with education or work experience outside of Canada.
- You have studied for a minimum of one year at a recognized post-secondary institution or meet the entry requirements through your work experience.
- You prefer to study at your own pace and choose electives that will give you the best opportunities for advancement in the field of accounting and finance in any industry.
- You are willing to dedicate two to three years of part-time study (on average) or complete your studies more quickly depending on credits already earned.
Take your accounting skills to the next level
Graduates stand out in the world of accounting with advanced technical accounting and finance skills that are elevated to a national standard.
As an ACAF holder, you will be able to:
- Prepare financial information to support management decision-making.
- Prepare financial statements and related disclosures for organizations with low to medium levels of complexity and a low level of uncertainty.
- Help prepare more complex financial statements.
- Support the development and maintenance of the organization’s management control and risk management systems.
- Calculate and report on financial and non-financial performance measures.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to accounting procedures, accounting information systems, and internal controls.
- Monitor cash flow and cash flow requirements.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for review by senior management.
- Prepare information for external auditors.
- Support the auditor in planning and executing the audit.
- Help prepare tax filings, provisions, reports, and disclosures and comply with remittance requirements.
For more information, visit the ACAF FAQ page.