Sponsorship & Donation Guidelines
CPA Manitoba regularly considers sponsorship requests from various organizations to promote or support events and activities. Requests also include contributions or donations to charitable or community initiatives.
Before submitting a proposal, please review our mission and vision, evaluation criteria and submission guidelines.
CPA Manitoba fosters public confidence in the CPA profession and acts in the public interest through its development and support of CPAs and CPA students and candidates with the competencies and resources to excel in all sectors.
To become the pre-eminent, internationally recognized Canadian accounting designation and business credential. CPA protects and serves the public interest and is valued for its integrity and expertise.
The evaluation criteria have been developed to ensure that the organization establishes sponsorship and donation relationships that will be of mutual benefit to CPA Manitoba and the sponsored organization.
Sponsorship proposals and requests for donations are evaluated against the following criteria.
- Strategic Relevance. The intended audience of a sponsorship or donation opportunity should reach key stakeholder groups identified by CPA Manitoba. This includes secondary & post-secondary students, the business community, Government, the media and CPA members or member groups.
- CPA Brand Awareness. Opportunities must provide positive exposure for the CPA brand.
- Visibility. Sponsorship and donation opportunities must give visibility to the CPA profession.
- Social & Ethical Responsibility. Sponsorships must provide tangible benefits to the community and to show social responsibility by CPA.
- Credibility. Organizations requesting sponsorship or donations from CPA must be reputable and of financial soundness.
While encouraging charitable donations by its members, candidates, students and staff, as well as encouraging volunteerism, CPA Manitoba does not normally make financial donations to support specific charities. However, CPA Manitoba may sponsor charitable events that provide exposure consistent with the criteria above.
After careful review of the evaluation criteria noted about, please keep in mind the following when submitting requests for sponsorship.
- Please provide a thorough description of how your sponsorship or donation opportunity meets the CPA evaluation criteria.
- While proposals are accepted throughout the year, we encourage requests as early in the calendar year as possible.
- Our goal is to acknowledge and respond to requests within 14 days.
- If you have any questions, please contact Sheri Moerkerk, Director, Marketing, Communications & Business Development.
Submitting Sponsorship Requests
Sponsorship requests may be submitted by mail or email as follows:
Attention: Sheri Moerkerk
1675 – One Lombard Place
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0X3
Email: Sheri Moerkerk